top of mind news
- Working Lunch: Retailers Winning Battle For Top Employees
- 12 Food Trends Thrilling Restaurant Guests in 2021
- Solutions To Tackle Labor And Supply Chain Shortages
- Restaurants Can Beat Inflation with a Generous Helping of Data
- 24 Republican State Attorneys General Threaten To Sue President Biden Over Vaccine Mandate
The chicken market was flat this week except for breasts. There is less availability for wings.
Rib meat is hard to find and is being sold at a very fast rate. Rounds and chucks are weak and strips and tenders demand is lacking.
Due to labor shortages, boneless butts are still scarce.
Despite the hurricane’s inconveniences, the domestic shrimp harvest is continuing smoothly. Pasteurized crab meat is in short supply, and there are no alternatives available.
Lack of labor causes problems for the industry. Suppliers are struggling to keep up with demand.
THE KITCHEN SINK
With higher demand, natural cheese, mozzarella, and processed cheese markets are up week over week. The butter market is up as well.
The USDA just released its monthly report, which revealed that there is less soybean oil available but less demand from biofuels.